Take continual and consistent small-steps forward as though you were already the person that you wanted to BE.
I know, I just gave away the whole point of the story, but let’s go into this a little bit deeper!!
Have you ever noticed that most people who go on a ‘diet’ in the traditional sense of the world FAIL epicly?
Have you ever noticed that when you make a decision to change from a decision of self-hate that it usually looks a little like this …
I HATE HOW I LOOK & FEEL SO THEREFORE I’M GOING TO BE PERFECT & CHANGE EVERYTHING NOW!!!
There’s a reason why this approach doesn’t work!!
There’s a reason why 95 PLUS percent of people who use this approach as a means to creating health FAIL
There’s a reason why this leads to a never ending cycle of self-hate and self-loathing
And here’s what it all comes down to.
You made the decision to change from a place of self-loathing (now that’s OK if you get to the point where you’re so frustrated with yourself that you decide to FLICK THE SWITCH and make a change NOW)
If you’re making that decision to change and acting from WHO you are right now and WHERE you are right now, then you’re probably going to keep getting more of what you have gotten in the past.
Which is probably no where fast.
Which is probably stressed and overwhelmed
Which is probably frustrated and annoyed
Which is probably still feeling unhealthy and tired and frumpy
Which is probably still wallowing in a place of self-loathing, self-disgust and self-hate!
Tell me if I’m wrong, for sure. But here’s what I think you’re probably doing if you’re acting from a place of self-hate (aka like a ‘dieter’)
– Get to a point where you feel like total crap
– Hate how you feel so much that you make the decision to CHANGE EVERYTHING (from a place of self loathing and self hate)… Usually this means going on some super restrictive diet and punishing exercise regime.
– Take action and try to do everything PERFECTLY from this place of self-hate.
– Feel DEPRIVED and RESTRICTED
– Start craving ALL the things that you have restricted
– Push harder and use all available will power at your disposal
– CAVE and GIVE in and eat the ‘bad’ stuff
– Throw your hands up in the air and think you’ve blown at all, so you may as well eat all the food (and usually not the nutrient dense stuff).
– Feel like shit. Feel guilty. Hate all over yourself.
– REPEAT THE CYCLE AGAIN!!!
Now if that sounds like FUN to you, then by all means KEEP ON GOING!
But if you’d like to try a different approach.
If you’d like to feel GOOD about the process of change and during the process of change then you’re going to need to attempt a different approach.
You’re going to need to make a decision to change from a place of EMPOWERMENT and from a place a deep SELF-RESPECT for yourself.
You’re going to need to
– Decide that you want to CHANGE
– Know what you want
– Decide WHY you want that
– Get clear on how you will FEEL when you are that woman
– Ask yourself how that woman would eat, would move, would think, would feel, would act etc if she already felt HOT, HAPPY, HEALTHY and FREE (whatever that means to you)
– Ask herself what’s the ONE THING that she could do TODAY, to take action as though she already was that woman
– DO THE THING
And then keep going and going and going and going FOREVER.
Because the journey never ends.
There’s always MORE LIFE that you can experience.
There’s always more amazingness that you can experience as a part of your reality.
The only way that you will experience these shifts for LIFE.
The only way that you will create a LIFE FIX.
IF YOU TAKE ACTION AS THOUGH YOU ALREADY ARE THE WOMAN THAT YOU WANT TO BE.
Bust through your fear.
Bust through your excuses.
Bust through your bullshit.
Use them as reasons to keep going NOT to stop you!
The process of change and transformation is going to be so much more fun and meaningful if you enjoy it in the moment, every single day.
Life is for Living